6 things I want people to know about diabetes
It’s November 9, Dblog Day! This year’s topic is 6 things you want people to know about diabetes and check out Gina Capone’s site for other lists!
- Diabetes is not a death sentence, it is however a life sentence that requires constant attention and dedication. It is one of, if not the most demanding of patient managed conditions on the planet and if I don’t take of it; it will “take care” of me.
- Unless you are going thru this yourself, please keep all your clues to yourself… not that you’d really have a clue in the first place. And you’d probably be clueless about not having said clue.
- Managing diabetes is more art than science.
- There are two major types of diabetes, both have similar symptoms and long term prognosis, however both have different treatment methods and causes.
- I have Type 1 diabetes and no matter how much I exercise and how well I diet, I will be dead by tomorrow without an external supply of insulin.
- Never, ever tell me you are going to cure me unless you want me to go all medieval on yer a$$ (ha! spelled it right that time!)